We have the following Job Opening that we are looking to fill immediately: If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
Island Lighting and Power Systems, Inc. is a leader in the design, installation and maintenance of complex electrical systems in the greater New England area. We are seeking a seasoned and experienced electrical Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for the overall execution of projects assigned. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with senior management, the design team and client, while successfully directing the personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget.
Candidate must be a professional and personable leader committed to the overall objective of the company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost saving measures and potential problems.
- Assist estimator in preparation of project budget.
- Prepare the general project budget.
- Assist in assembling the job site equipment requirements.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the guys in the field completing the work.
- Monitor, maintain and report on the project schedule on a daily/weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Inform the consultant/client of any errors, discrepancies, or omissions contained within the consultant’s design drawings.
- Maintain current change order logs.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Act are enforced.
- Maintain and enforce good standards and quality control.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of directly owned equipment on the job site in conjunction with the site staff.
- Control and monitor labor, material and equipment expenses.
- Prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Project Manager in the electrical or a related field.
- College or University degree in a related field.
- Must understand and have direct experience with terms, scheduling, and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Earned sick time